Finishing Darts – Bodice Front Side SeamThis is the starting point – we have the block and the placement of the side seam dart:
Finishing off Side Seam Dart – Figure 01
Finishing off the Side-Seam Dart – Figure 02
- Measure the dart width, A to B, and mark the mid-point.
- Draw a line from the Bust Point to through this mid-point.
Finishing off the Side-Seam Dart – Figure 03The Dart Point needs to end some distance before the Bust Point. Using the Bust Point to Dart Point table as a guide for the placement of the Dart Point:
- measure from the Bust Point, along the mid-dart line, and mark the Dart Point
- draw the dart legs from the Dart Point to points A and B
Finishing off the Side-Seam Dart – Figure 04
- Extend the side-seam line that runs from the underarm point to point A to the mid-dart line.
- Complete the block outline by drawing a line from there to point B.