Neckline with Button StandWhen adding facing to a button stand, you can choose to have the facing as either:
- a separate pattern piece, or
- as an extension to the bodice pattern piece, also termed grown-on.
Instructions (Facing for Neckline with Button Stand) – Image 1
- Draw the neckline on the Bodice Block.
- Trace the block and transfer the design line.
- Add the button extension width* to the CF – shown in the image by the dashed red line.
* This will depend on the width of your button. I am making the extension 0.5-inches, as that is the diameter of the button.
Instructions (Facing for Neckline with Button Stand) – Image 2
- Step A: Add seam allowance to the pattern piece. In this case I am adding only 0.38-inch of seam allowance to the CF, although the other seams have 0.56-inch.
- Step B: Draw the facing; the width is 2-inches at the shoulder and 3-inches at the CF. These widths are measured at the seam line.
- The final facing is the shown by the yellow shading.